The Hub provides bespoke training and development on a child rights approach to involving children and young people in decision-making in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and measures in the UN Convention on People with Disabilities regarding the voice of the child. The training supports organisations to involve children and young people in decision-making in all aspects of their policy, planning, practice, services and culture.
Training and development is comprised of theoretical learning, planning skills, and practical skills, based on a child rights approach to involving children and young people in decision-making. A full breakdown of our training is detailed on the Training Delivery page on the website.
Stakeholders trained by the Hub report the value of the theoretical learning and practical skills tailored to the role and work of their organisation. They also note their ability to plan child participation processes, more effectively listen to children and ensure their views are taken seriously, with the possibility of leading to an outcome or change.
Training is Available for:
- Government Departments/Agencies and State Bodies
- Non-statutory Organisations
How to Apply:
- Government Departments/Agencies and State Bodies – direct application to Hub na nÓg via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide full details of the Government Department/Agency, or State Body you are representing and we will arrange a meeting with you to discuss further details.
- Non-statutory Organisations – applications may be made through the Capacity Building Grant only. A full list of 2021 grantees is available to view here.
- For all other enquiries, please contact email@example.com.